‘You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear’, but we are working on it. With the pandemic, our traveling has been limited to short day trips from home. This isn’t ideal, but it is the best we can do.
Our silk purse has been finding bakeries on our travels. My husband likes pastries, particularly strudel and scones, and I am a bread and (molasses) cookie girl.
Here are some of the silk purses we have found in the Puget Sound:
- San Francisco Street Bakery – sour dough bread
- Wagner’s European Bakery – apple strudel
- Bread Peddler – morning buns and cookies
- Pane d’Amore – bread of any kind
- Sluys Poulsbo Bakery – scones, cinnamon twists, cinnamon rolls, bread
- Proctor Farmer’s Market – scones (strawberry rhubarb) from the ‘scone man’
I must confess that our day trips are now at least partially driven by bakery locations. There could be worse things, but there could be healthier choices…….like hiking trails!