If someone had told me six months ago that I would actually start a blog and post three times a week, I would question their sanity!
But they would have been right. I have been blogging consistently since the first of June. I have had over 2000 views and visitors from 22 different countries since I started. I wouldn’t call these ‘Rockstar’ blogging stats by any means, but I am happy.
So much has changed over the past 5 months!
- When I first started blogging, there were just over 21,000 positive COVID tests in WA State. As of November 28th, WA has reported 167,000 positive tests and 2,228 Washingtonians have died since the pandemic began.
- World leaders, including Donald Trump, have tested positive for COVID 19. There have been over 62.5 million positive tests worldwide since the beginning of the pandemic and 1.46 million have died.
- Countless businesses have folded and there are record numbers of people accessing food banks/pantries for the first time.
- We have elected a new U.S. President. As of 11/25/20, President-elect Biden’s vote count is now 80 million – the most in U.S. history!
- The Huskies are 3-0 and nationally ranked.
For me, the last 5 months have been adjusting to these new circumstances and trying to maintain my equanimity.
- I have read more books than I can count.
- I have watched numerous series on Acorn TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime. We are just finishing Season 4 of the Crown on Netflix.
- Zooming is now a verb and part of my weekly routine.
- I still have my monthly public health webinar gig at UW.
- I am walking everyday and practicing yoga weekly (or less).
- I have rediscovered knitting and love it.
- I have made a trip to Montana (safely) and hosted two Montana chums.
- We have managed to see two of our three daughters and 3 of our 5 grandchildren.
- I have been meeting up with friends and have my fingers crossed for a somewhat mild winter.
- By some miracle, my family is all healthy and no one has been diagnosed with COVID 19, even though so many mask wearing people don’t cover their noses (pet peeve of mine).
- Our very old dog is still with us!
I plan on continuing my travels and sharing my thoughts with you along the way. Thanks for your views and please stay tuned!
See you on Wednesday