Not so much!
I am talking about decluttering. I did what I thought was a major decluttering process when I retired 3 years ago. At that time, I vowed I would not allow clutter to accumulate again.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to keep that vow!
We live in a small house, by choice, with reasonable storage space. Even so, it is easy for a small house to look cluttered. And I am a ‘cluttery’ person by nature.
It is amazing what can land in any given room in a week (or in 3 years)!
I am back on my decluttering bandwagon this summer. One of my main clutter spots is our office. The papers just keep piling up! I think it will take me a good chunk of time each day to finally hit the bottom of each pile and head to the shredder with bags of papers.
Here are some things I have way too much of:
- Yarn – since I started knitting, I have found myself with a vast selection of partially used skeins
- Notecards/cards – I have a drawer full of notecards but I never seem to have the right card for any given occasion
- Unread books – both on my bookshelves and on my Kindle. Unfortunately, I’m always in the market for a new read
- Wine – our daughter takes us to great wineries and I always buy a bottle or two. When I get home, I always think it is ‘too good to drink’ and buy more wine!
- Clothes – I have done a fairly rigorous closet clean out, but I am sure there is more that can head out the door. I live in tee shirts and we rarely go anywhere that requires much more than a clean tee and some earrings!
“Your home is living space, not storage space.”Francine Jay
See you on Friday