October is my favorite month. I love the weather (when it isn’t raining ☹) – clear skies, crisp air, the fall colors.
Speaking of colors, according to ‘Color Me Beautiful’, my best colors are autumn colors. So, I wear my favorite colors all year around.
October is also a kaleidoscope of events with both good and sad memories.
Forgive me if I start the month in late September:
- September 28 – our wedding anniversary
- October 2 – my mom and my mother-in-law both died (different years)
- October 4 – our daughter was born
- October 5 – my husband’s birthday and my parent’s wedding anniversary
- October 12 – my first friend’s birthday, along with our son-in-law’s
- October 13 – another son-in-law’s birthday
- October 30 – my dad died
To commemorate all these October events, I wear an opal ring all month long (pictured above). Opals are the birthstone for October.
I always like to look up the ‘properties’ of the stones I wear. Opals are a goldmine in that regard. But the property I am focusing on this October is:
In physical healing, the Opal Stone is believed to be flushed with health. This gem can help to treat infections and lower fevers along with boosting the immune system. Sounds like a good bet with COVID-19 still in the mix!
One of the ways I am honoring my favorite month is by going ‘forest bathing’ with my first friend later this week to celebrate her October birthday. We always have a lot of memories to share.
I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Happy Birthday to our darling daughter!